Mailing Address for all correspondence and all review/contest copies
536 South 5th Street, Suite 1A
Milwaukee, WI 53204
Publishers and Editors-in-Chief
Book Review Requests and Submissions
536 South 5th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53204
- We do not guarantee reviews for books submitted for review.
- We do not review self-published books or books from vanity presses.
- We prefer hard copies of the books. Finished copies are fine, but advance copies give a better chance of a timely review.
- E-books not reviewed at this time.
- We normally do not write negative reviews as we would rather devote space to books we actually like.
Home Entertainment Review Requests and News and Submissions
Movie Review Requests and News and Submissions
Contests and FridayReads Giveaways
- There is no charge for doing a contest or participation in the FridayReads giveaway.
- Which books we include is an editorial decision, so please contact us before sending books.
- We do contests with books, audio books, and DVDs.
- We prefer a minimum of ten for the contest.
Short Fiction Submissions
- Label all e-mail correspondence Crimespree Fiction in the subject line.
- Due to the volume of submissions, we will only accept submissions bi-monthly, in the odd numbered months (Jan/Mar/May/Jul/Sep/Nov).
- Stories should be related to crime fiction.
- Crimespree can’t offer monetary compensation at this time. However, your work will be published in print and therefore available for short fiction awards.
- Please submit only one story at a time. Don’t submit a second story until you have received a response to your first.
- Maximum length is 5,000 words.
- Please include your name, address, e-mail address and date of submission on the first page of your story.
- All stories to be submitted in a Word Document. Do not mail hard copies.
- Know that your work will undergo an editing process. If you don’t feel you can work with an editor and you’re not open to possible changes, rethink your submission. Editing involves proposed changes and resubmission. Crimespree has the right to reject work after resubmission.
- The copyright always remains with the author, but the author grants Crimespree permission for print publication.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished and not up for submission in another magazine.
- Crimespree has publication rights for six months if your story is accepted.
- Please keep in mind that once a story is accepted it MAY be up to a year before we can run it.
- If your story is not accepted for whatever reason please do not try appealing to other people at the magazine. The short fiction editor’s decision is final.
- Do not email the short fiction editor with review requests. Review requests sent to this e-mail address will be deleted.