Pre-order contest for Hilary Davidson’s BLOOD ALWAYS TELLS
Talented writer, and all-around sweetheart, Hilary Davidson has announced a very cool contest to promote BLOOD ALWAYS TELLS, her upcoming April release.
Dominique Monaghan just wanted to get even with her two-timing, married boyfriend, a washed-up boxer stuck in a toxic marriage to a dangerously spoiled socialite. But an elaborate blackmail scheme soon lands her in the middle of an unexpected kidnapping . . . and attempted murder. But who is actually out to kill whom?
Desmond Edgars, Dominique’s big brother, has looked out for his wayward sister ever since their mother was convicted of murdering Dominique’s father many years ago, so when he receives a frantic phone call from Dominique in the middle of the night, he drops everything to rush to the rescue. But to find out what has really happened to his sister, the stoic ex-military man must navigate a tangled web of murder and deception, involving a family fortune, a couple of shifty lawyers, and a missing child, while wrestling with his own bloody secrets . . . .
BLOOD ALWAYS TELLS is a twisted tale of love, crime, and family gone wrong, by the multiple award-winning author of The Damage Done and Evil in All Its Disguises.
So what are the details?
Here is Hilary to tell you all about it:
Pre-orders are incredibly important in the publishing business. For starters, they influence the size of of a book’s print run. They can also affect a bookseller’s willingness to stock a book in-store, rather than only making it available by special order. They count toward a book’s first-week sales, which is a very big deal. When you pre-order a book, you’re doing an author a big favor. So, this contest is also my way of saying thank you. Now, without further ado, the prizes!
Everyone who pre-orders the book will receive an electronic copy of my short-story collection, THE BLACK WIDOW CLUB: NINE TALES OF OBSESSION AND MURDER. Yes, everyone. I told you I wanted to say thanks! If you have an eReader, I’ll send an ePub file; if not, I’ll send a PDF.
Three lucky people will each win a one-year subscription to one of my favorite magazines: Crimespree Magazine, Mystery Scene, or Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine. (If you subscribe already — as well you should — your current subscription will be extended by a year.)
One grand prize winner will win a character name in my next novel. I can’t promise whether your namesake will be good or evil, but you will be immortalized in print.
If all of this sounds awesome, please read the following:
*You can pre-order BLOOD ALWAYS TELLS anywhere they sell books. It doesn’t matter if it’s ordered from a brick-and-mortar store (here’s a list of some great ones) or online. Want some pre-order links?
Hardcovers and eBooks both count.
- Email a copy/scan/photo of your receipt to pre-order AT hilarydavidson.com. Be sure to include your mailing address.
- If you pre-order more than one copy of the book, let me know — not only will you have my undying gratitude, but you’ll get a contest entry for each copy you pre-order.
- Let me know if you’d prefer a PDF or ePub version of THE BLACK WIDOW CLUB. If you’ve already got your own copy of the book, you can designate another recipient for your gift copy.
- To be eligible to win a magazine subscription or the grand prize, you must have a mailing address in the US or Canada. But no matter where you live, you’ll get an electronic copy of THE BLACK WIDOW CLUB.
- The grand prize winner will need to sign a standard release form allowing me to use his or her name in a work of fiction.
- The contest will run from January 7th until April 13th, 2014. Winners will be selected in a random draw.
BLOOD ALWAYS TELLS lands in stores on April 15th.